Toward Public Health & Safe Society
Ecotoxicology test is conducted to protect the ecosystem from chemicals or environmental pollutant, and provide safety information for environmental organism. The field of test is divided by test using fresh water aquatic organism and land organism, and assess the toxicity effect of single substance(industrial chemicals, agricultural pesticide, drug and veterinary drug) and environmental mixture (agricultural pesticide products, discharged water, sediment, soil etc.). The result can be utilized to provide information to set legal regulation(water quality etc.), provide information for the registration of chemicals and agricultural pesticide, and information for the risk of chemicals regarding ecosystem and public health.
Our research team conduct all tests in accordance with the test method of OECD, US(EPA), Japan, EU and GLP principle, and have system to respond to EU-REACH.
Field of Test
Aquatic Organism Toxicology Test
The most important point of toxicology test using aquatic organism is that it has indirect exposure path using water as medium, Thus, test substances must be provided with constant exposure condition during test period, and it is very important to select proper exposure method.
Based on the longstanding experience and systemized analysis support service, our team have set exposure condition considering the water solubility, stability of test substance and conduct the test using various organisms(fish, aquatic invertebrate animal, birds etc.)
- Fish, Acute Toxicity Test
- Fish, Early - Life Stage Toxicity Test
- Daphnia sp. Acute Immobilization Test
- Daphnia sp. Reproduction Test
- Freshwater Alga and Cyanobacteria, Growth Inhibition Test
- Chironomid Toxicity Test Using Spiked Sediment / Water
- Activated Sludge, Respiration Inhibition Test
Land Organism Toxicology Test
Land organism toxicology test use land plants and various species(bird, insects etc.) on soil. The test targeting land organism has various test method and exposure path of test substance in accordance with the species, so it is very important to select appropriate species and exposure path(e.g. : contact toxicity test by soil particles and pore water, toxicity test using food).
Our team conduct toxicity test based on our infrastructure and professional resources for land organism toxicology test.
- Honeybees, Acute Oral / Contact Toxicity Test
- Earthworm, Acute Toxicity Test
- Terrestrial Plant Test: Seedling Emergence and Growth Test
- Residual toxicity test to Honey bees
- Earthworms reproduction test
Ecotoxicology test has very complicated exposure system, so the actual concentration of chemicals exposed to organism might not correspond to the dose of chemical or the dose in water. Thus, it is very important to measure the actual exposure concentration and maintain the exposure concentration constantly during the test. Especially, for chemicals that are difficult to test(volatile, resolvable and poorly soluble substance), there is a need to conduct stability test to decide on the appropriate exposure method.
Our team conducts analysis on concentration exposed to organism during the test, and displays the actual exposure concentration of test substance accurately, which is an important factor to increasing credibility of the toxicity data.
- Biomarker research
- Integrated toxicology management research on industrial sewage
- Ecological risk research on produced nano particle
- Biological alarm device installation and operation
- Risk/health assessment research on hydroecology and research on model ecosystem