Toward Public Health & Safe Society
Inhalation Toxicology Test
Inhalation toxicology test assess the toxic action in living body caused by substances inhaled via respiratory organ. The test checks toxicity generated by inhaling inhalation drug, biologics, agricultural pesticide, chemicals and environmental pollutants. Also, we conduct medicinal effect assessment on treatments for disease treatment.
The form of inhalation are gas, dust, mist, fine particle, nano particle, and as for the inhalation exposure method to animal(rodent), there are general skin exposure, entire body exposure, intra-tracheal instillation. For the alternative test method, the air of test substance is directly exposed to the cell. For the assessment of toxic action, the assessment items of general toxicology test is applied, and the lung penetrant remover, biochemical examination on lung tissue is also conducted. All process abide by the international GLP test guidelines(OECD, FDA, EPA, IMAFF etc.).
The inhalation toxicology test of Korea Institute of Toxicology conducts credible toxicology assessment based on the 30 years of toxicology test technology with the best test facility and device.
Test models : Mouse, rat, cell
GLP Compliance : FDA, EPA, OECD, ICH, MAFF
Test target substance
- Agricultural pesticide
- Cigarette smoke
- Nose-only exposure
- Intra-tracheal instillation
- Pharyngo instillation
- Entire body exposure
- In vitro
- Occurrence of single inhalation substance
[Subject matter > Exposure] > Computer File Server > [Test method > Exposure] > Exhaustion system
[Exposure concentration measurement > Exposure] > Computer File Server > [Exposure concentration measurement > Exposure]
- Area : 3,967㎡
- Nose-Only Exposure Test : 2 acute suites (2 chambers), 2 repetitive suites (5 chambers)
- Entire Exposure Test : 1 Suite (4 acute and repetitive chambers)
- Cigarette Smoke Exposure Test: 2 cigarette smoke generators, 2 Suites(4 chambers)
- Cell Exposure Test : 1 suite(cigarette smoke, chemicals, nano particles, others)
We test the in vivo reaction(toxicity, effectiveness) of inhalation substance.
Especially, to assess the safety of inhalation test substance such as new drug, agricultural pesticide, cigarette smoke, fine and nano particle, we conduct the test based on the best system and technology at the advanced laboratory building.
Field of Research
Test Types In Accordance with Test Purpose
- Effectiveness test, Toxicity test, Drug delivery test
Inhalation Toxicology Study by Occurrence of Inhalation Materials
- gas, dust, mist, fine particle, nanoparticle
Inhalation Toxicology Study by Study Period
- Preliminary acute test(single exposure), repeated test(14, 28 days), subacute test(90 days)
Inhalation Toxicology Study by Test Systems
- Mouse, rat, cell